I am associate senior lecturer at the Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies, Sweden. I have a BSc in International Business Administration from the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt/Oder, Germany and the Ecole Superieure de Commerce in Montpellier, France; and a MSc in Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science from Lund University, Sweden.
From 2009 to 2013 I conducted my PhD research as part of the newly established research school LUCID (http://lucid.lu.se.webbhotell.ldc.lu.se/). I have extensive experience in conducting field work in Chile and the Ecuadorian Amazon on the social and environmental impacts of conservation projects.
My current research focuses on hunting and defaunation in tropical forests, with a focus on the Colombian and Ecuadorian Amazon (financed by the Swedish Science Counsil - Vetenskapsrådet).
Also, I am involved in a EU FP7 project (http://www.operas-project.eu/) where I study the governance of ecosystem services in a European context. Other research interests include agroforestry and the use of new agroforestry tree products and how these can support small-scale and local indigenous farmers in maintaining their agroforestry practices for a more sustainable forest management in Latin America.
- Teaching in various courses at Lund University Master's Program in Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science - (Sustainability Science; Earth System Science, Governance and Sustainability, Urban & Rural Systems and Sustainability)
- Course coordinator for Governance and Sustainability at the LUMES program
- Human Geography – Course coordinator for SGEL 49 (Sustainable Development from a global, regional and local perspective)
- Human Geography & Human Ecology at Lund University – Teaching in SGEM 14 (Urban and Regional Planning for Sustainability), HEKM22 (Methods in Human Ecology); HEKX10 (Global Environmental Justice)
- Other Master Programmes at Lund University (e.g., Conservation Biology, International Development and Management) and University of Gothenburg (Sustainable Development: Conflicts, Communication and Collaboration)
- Guest lectures in various PhD courses (ClimBEcco – From Local to Global: Political Ecology, Natural Resource Conflicts and Environmental Peacebuilding)
- Supervision of Master Theses in Lund University Master's Program in Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science and Uppsala University Masters in Sustainable Development
Blog entries & Briefs:
- Ecoagriculture Partners: Where are the Monkeys? The Fallacy of evaluating conservation from above the canopy.
- FOCALI (Forests, Climate and Livelihood Research Network): Agroforestry in the western Amazon – opportunities for new markets and threats from expanding natural resource extraction.
- FOCALI (Forests, Climate and Livelihood Research Network): Workshop – Building partnerships with forest communities.
- FOCALI (Forests, Climate and Livelihood Research Network): A recap from workshop on Forest Conservation, Agroforestry and Livelihoods.
- FOCALI (Forests, Climate and Livelihood Research Network): Reflections on participatory monitoring.
- FOCALI (Forests, Climate and Livelihood Research Network): Bottom-up but also top-down – why local institutions matter for REDD+
- FOCALI - SIANI policy brief on the key to successful partnerships with forest communities
- Miljö och Utveckling: “Rädda Regnskogenprojekt skapar problem”
- Miljö och Utveckling: Debate article on CDM (Clean Development Mechanism) – Nr. 2, 2014
- Lund Universitet Magasin Nr. 5 2012: ”Hur räddas regnskogen bäst?”
- Sydsvenskan October 7 2016: "Utan stöd utifrån är den fred som var så nära plötsligt mycket långt borta igen."
Retrieved from Lund University's publications database
- Building local institutions for national conservation programs: lessons for developing Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) programs
- Exploring the Impact of Social Norms and Perceptions on Women's Participation in Customary Forest and Land Governance in the Democratic Republic of Congo-Implications for REDD+
- Fishing in acid waters : A vulnerability assessment of the Norwegian fishing industry in the face of increasing ocean acidification
- Utan stöd utifrån är den fred som var så nära plötsligt mycket långt borta igen.
- Benefit distribution and equity in Ecuador's Socio Bosque Program
- Buying Conservation - Financial Incentives for Tropical Forest Conservation in the Ecuadorian Amazon
- Evaluating safeguards in a conservation incentive program : participation, consent, and benefit sharing in indigenous communities of the Ecuadorian Amazon
- More than just trees : animal species diversity and participatory forest monitoring in the Ecuadorian Amazon
Associate senior lecturer
Josephson, Biskopsgatan 5,